Hammond Central School Mission Statement
The staff of Hammond Central School is committed to building each student's self-esteem, love for learning, self-reliance and academic, physical, and artistic skills. We believe that all students can learn. The example set by our staff and the consistent reinforcement of our standards in nurturing our students will demonstrate this. We assume responsibility for inspiring our students with the confidence they need to meet the challenges of the future.
Hammond Central School is a UPK-12 district in St. Lawrence County. We are located three miles from the St. Lawrence River in the Thousand Islands Region. The district is 45 minutes north of Watertown on State Route 37 and 20 minutes northeast of Alexandria Bay. Canada is just 30 minutes away.
- Small class sizes of 10-15 students in grades 7-12 and 15-22 students in grades K-6.
- Higher standards of pass rates, students must maintain a 70 to successfully complete a course.
- Distance Learning and dual enrollment credit provided through SUNY Potsdam, HVCC, and JCC.
- Extracurricular activities and clubs include National Honor Society, Spanish Club, Science Club, Student Council, AV Crew, Mock Trial, and Yearbook Club.
- The music department includes stage band, senior, junior, and elementary choruses, and bands; participation in Area All-State and Valley League performances.
- Sports activities include elementary, modified, junior varsity, and varsity basketball, soccer, baseball/softball, and cheerleading.
- Students participate in the Mentoring Program and volunteer numerous hours to the school and community; many students are members of the St. Lawrence County Youth Institute.